The Indian telecom equipment manufacturer, Olive Telecom launched its flagship tablet to cater to domestic market. The lush iPad resembling tablet, Olive Pad V-T 100 will be first of its kind to have been launched in India. The international analysts are already sensing that it will give iPad tough run for its money when it gets launched in India. Olive Pad V-T 100 will have all the key and best in class features of a tablet such as internetworking capabilities, camera, touch screen enablement and support for entertainment applications on the go.
As per the official board, Olive Pad V-T 100 is expected to hit the domestic market by August, 2010. The company is keen to leverage from the huge market potential in this space and have kept the pricing attractive for an Indian consumer. The Olive Pad V-T 100 could be grabbed in Rs. 25,000 ($530). The touch screen enabled navigation based device is powered by Android Platform. The lush resolution base can portray vivid colors while used for browsing, messaging or GPS. A tablet product was largely missing in Indian telecom market and Olive is all set to change the rules of Indian telecom market on the go in a seamless manner.
- Processor Description
Processor – ARM11 600MHz
Chipset – Qualcomm MSM7227
- System Memory
Internal Memory – 512MB
- Hard Disk Drive Type
Inbuilt Flash – 512MB NAND Flash and microSD expandability up to 32GB
- Display Features
Display Screen Size (Inches) – 7″ Touch TFT
Resolution- 800 X 400, WVGA
Screen Type – Touch & Capacitive Type
- Radio Band & Standards
GSM Bands- GSM Bands: 850/900/1800/1900
UMTS Bands- UMTS Bands: 900/1900/2100 Or 850/1900/2100
WiFi – Wi-fi (802.11b/g)
Bluetooth- Bluetooth 2.0 + EDR
GPS – Yes
Built-in Camera- 3 Mega Pixel (Front Camera) & VGA Camera (Back)
E-Compass Sensor- Yes
Ambient Light Sensor- Yes
- Computer Interfaces ( I/O Ports and Cards)
Audio Jack – 3.5mm Audio jack for stereo headset interface
USB Port- Mini-USB connector with data sync
Card Reader- Micro-SD Card slot
SIM Slot- Yes
- Operating System
Operating System- Android 2.1 (upgradable)
Width (mm) – 110
Depth (mm) – 11.5
Height (mm) – 179.4
Weight (Kg) – 410g
Battery (Type) – Li-Polymer, 3240mAH
iPad V/s Olive
- Olive Pad V-T 100 is powered by Android 2.1 (Éclair) while the iPad runs on iOS 3.2 version.
- The 3 MP camera supports in Olive Pad V-T 100, truly highlights its ability to understand the pulse of the market where-in professionals desired such a feature. The frontal zoon can be 4XThere is no camera provisioned on the current iPad version.
- Olive Pad is meant for making phone calls and for accessing the real time apps. It has 7 inch screen size with the resolution of 800X480 pixels. The iPad however has 9.7 inch screen size with an in depth resolution of 1024X768 pixels.
- In terms of connectivity Olive Pad seems to score slightly well than iPad. It supports 3.5 G HSUPA while iPad supports 3G HSDPA.
- There is a mini USB port provisioned on Olive Pad V-T 100 while there is no such provision in iPad.
- Olive Pad’s chipset is 600 MHz Qualcomm M7227 while iPad uses 1Ghz Apple A4 processor
- The battery life of Apple’s iPad is around 10-12 hours while that of Olive Pad V-T 100 is unknown at this point in time.
- Olive Pad V-100 has an internal memory of 512 MB which is extendible up to 32GB. iPad is however, available in 16GB, 32 GB and 64 GB variants.
- Both Olive Pad V-T 100 and iPad support GSM and EDGE networks. Olive Pad V-100 also supports WCDMA network.
Top Reasons for Buying Olive Pad
- For those who cannot wait more for iPad to be formally launched in India by Apple, Olive Pad V-T 100 can be the perfect tablet to go with. Post import duties, the cost of iPad would any day be more than Olive Pad’s price tag viz. Rs. 25,000.
- Olive Pad is one such great tablet which can be readily used as a phone, tablet for shooting mails to friends or colleagues and can be easily converted to a gaming console too. The device can be readily used to accomplish various tasks in just about no time at all.
- Olive Pad is powered by Android 2.1 (Éclair) and the app support for the platform is huge. One can get to download or custom order their app in order to meet the business requirements in just about no time at all.
- With the popularity of 3G services in India, Olive Pad V-T 100 seems to be the perfect device which could capitalize given the volume of services.
- One can easily stay in touch with their family or stay in tune with their professional commitments with the help of Olive Pad V-T 100. One can easily reply to mails, go through business presentations, suggest changes and get the work done on the go. This makes it a viable and must buy telecom product given the overall demographics of India.
Olive Telecom would roll out its flagship tablet by August, 2010 in Indian markets. At the moment, the prospective buyers can easily pre-book their Olive Pad V-T 100 on their official website. The company is expected to sell around 100,000 Olive Pad V-T 100 post roll out in August 2010.
It is highly recommended to go through the specifications and business possibilities with Olive Pad V-T 100 before the buyers avail from the pre-booking window of the device. The lush Olive Pad V-T 100 is expected to change the fortunes of business professionals and individuals in India. The competition is set to intensify in the niche of tablet market in India. Get going and relish from the products endlessly!